Despite my inability to get this done sooner, I had a great time at the Super Bowl party hosted by me and my hot piece-of-ass BF and roomie. The highlights of the day were:
1. Delicious food. I exceeded my own expectations with the next iteration of my healthy jalapeno poppers. This time, I roasted a bunch of peppers in the oven, then put them in the food processor, then added low fat cream cheese and made a perfect mixture. It was too hot, actually, not perfect. Next time I'll take out the seeds. Then I wrap them into little filo dough burritos, brush with olive oil, and bake. I served these magical bundles of heat with fat free sour cream with blue cheese crumbles and fat free sour cream with ranch powder. (The third dip I made was nast and I refuse to acknowledge it, as did my guests). Overall, the food table was epic! We had delicious and creative treats prepared lovingly by my beautiful friends.
2. Side entertainment, namely BATTLE SHOTS. My man is an engineer, he likes to party, and he likes projects. When the Battle Shots picture went around the Facebooks for the week pre-Bowl, he knew he had to perform. He and the roomie did a great job, and best of all, we didn't spend any money or buy any materials! Everything we used was from our recycle bin or otherwise already in the home. Good job!
3. MADONNA! Madonna is effing fantastic. I thought the half time show got off to a slow, overly processed start and was worried. But I kept the faith in one of the greatest pop performers of our time. And she did perform. I really liked the show! And I LOVED that bungee hopping bad ass, Andy Lewis. Check him out. Even better is that my dance teacher added her new song LUV to our repertoire the next class! Madonna . . . you'ze a badass.
4. Whiny-bitch-face shotgunning. This was a self-imposed drinking game, and I kind of regret it. Hahaha not really. As you know, I love my Eli! But he tends to make whiny bitch face a lot. So, I said I would shot gun a beer each and every time the CAMERA caught him (it's impossible to do it every time). My friends held me to this and it was difficult. I got kind of drunk, and spilled a lot of beer on the floor. Ha! Oh well. Eli won anyway! And I was happy about that. So I made a tribute to his face.
5. My outfit. I'm a referee! I call the plays! DO what I say! Muwahahahha!
With the conclusion of the Super Bowl, I can now devote my limited-yet-focused attention to basketball. I was at brunch yesterday watching this team ORAL ROBERTS play. Other than the University of Idaho Vandals, they are top of my list so far. I'm really excited for March Madness! Whoot!




No comments:
Post a Comment