So about the game. As everyone who watched it knows (and everyone else on Facebook knows by now) that was a weak game. I was also really bored by the vibe associated with the neutrality of the boys in the room. No one cared who won, they "just wanted a good game." Well, they didn't get the good game, and the lack of a loyalty factor meant I missed out on the yelling and cussing and good-natured ribbing. Although the laughing at the mistakes and the articulate critiques of performance we're sort of cute and sometimes interesting.
So tonight I did some Remote Desktop Access while intermittently taking notes on things that caught my attention during the game.
- I love that they keep saying, "McCarran" because it makes me think about partying in Las Vegas!
- 3rd quarter; 13:04-ish: did you see that twisty plank landing #15 on the Alabama team did when he got tackled? That form made me think of boot camp class. I bet his obliques were burning.
- I researched what "fair catch" meant on the Google because no one would tell me what it was. They were all discussing whether you could catch it below your chest and were ignoring my pretty little questions. A-holes.
- The Honeybadger don't care joke was funny . . . the first time. (see hilarious video for the backstory on that one)
- After hearing Crimson Tide one million times, I searched online for a clip of Clueless when Claire makes her awesome excuse to leave class. Couldn't find that clip, but had fun watching a couple of others! I love that movie.
- And last but not least - BSU made the talk of the Championship game!

No comments:
Post a Comment