Sunday, January 15, 2012

Hmmmm....who to root for next week . . . ?

I cannot WAIT for next Sunday.  After two more fun games, I get one of my most favorite holidays of the year - SUPER BOWL SUNDAY!!!  While pretending to work this afternoon, I spent about an hour doing some shopping for my Food, Booze, and Flooze uniform, and I've already mentally prepared myself to make 100 jalapeno poppers and a variety of dipping sauces.  Next on the to-do list is to determine who am I going to root for, besides Madonna of course.  But before I can do that, I have to figure out who to root for next weekend. 

Between the 49ers and Eli Manning's team, that one is clear to me.  I cannot fathom cheering for the 49ers b/c my dad instilled some serious hatred for them when I was a little girl in the 80s.  I admit that I don't even know why he hated them or if he still does.  I think it had something to do with being a huge Cowboy fan, or Joe Montana's curly hair?  It probably had nothing to do with the hair actually.  Shoot, I don't know what I'm talking about.  

The real reason is because I've been sprung on Eli Manning since I first saw him.  I love his nose and his sloppy hair and his "little brother eager to please his daddy and show up his big bro" will to win.  He comes across as all rednecky and kind of daft and that pleases me.  PLUS, once I realized how much my man and most dudes I know despise him, it gave me some compassion ("oh why does everyone hate you, Eli?  No need to be sad, my sexy, big-nose super star - they are just jealous of you!!).  Right?  Ummmm...so on to the next choice.

Ravens v. Patriots.  I don't know much about either of these teams and I don't have a preference for these guys based on anything in real life, so I'm going to go ahead and get real superficial for once.  (ha - get it?)  I had to Google the rosters to remind myself who the token hot guy on the Patriots was.  For a second I thought it was Eli's big brother and I was sad about the idea of them having to fight in front of everyone.  It made me watch this clip from A League of Their Own when big sis dropped the ball and Kit got a home run but everyone doubted whether she actually earned it or not.  That was horrid.

Good thing it's Tom Brady!  Meh.  Not really into Tom Brady.  But I think the Ravens are kind of hilarious!  Their mascot is a sort-of scary bird.  Hahahahahaha!  Plus, if I root for them I can wear a go-go outfit and be like, "I'm fuckin RAVEN!" while I shoot shots and eat football food and get real rowdy.  There you have it.

Next Sunday - Go Ravens, Go Eli, Go Go Gadget get hammered.

2 comments:

  1. Okay, first of all I have to admit that just last night I commented on how funny-looking Eli is. He's kind of pathetic-looking (in my opinion) and I simply cannot root for him!

    Second, the Patriots are DEFINITELY going to win against the Ravens! Go Brady!!! :-P

    ReplyDelete
  2. See, it's comments like yours that make me want to cuddle with Eli and stroke his gooberish hair. Hahahhahaha!

    ReplyDelete