Sunday, December 25, 2011

Football turns into Basketball, and we all rejoice

Christmas is weird, I'm drinking cocktails, and my man has the basketball game on.  I feel like it's a great time to talk about the transition from football to basketball.  I'm not sure if I like one more than the other.  Football is great b/c it's "big" and basketball is good b/c it's "fast."  I think I'm more entertained by basketball just because it seems like there is more going on and my ADD doesn't get as bored as fast, but maybe it's just b/c the ball is more noticeable and exchanges hands more often within shorter distances.  In basketball, the dude's aren't as big and aggressive.  Well, actually I'm sure the feelings of aggression are similar, it's just that the contact level is different.  There are also different muscles emphasized in basketball.  In football games, I get my entertainment by checking out asses, thighs and forearms.  Basketball is more about shoulders, backs and forearms (I always notice the forearms). I'm not saying one set of man meat is better - just highlighting a distinction in uniform emphasis.  I wonder if the abdominal muscles are distinct?   Hmmm...I'll let that one sink in for a while.

In the last few minutes, I zoned out and really did try to pick a favorite b/w basketball and football, and decided that was completely unnecessary.  Why choose - I can like both equally!  I can enjoy the overlap period when I get both sports, and then peacefully transition into the basketball-only season via a super sweet Super Bowl party.  The, March Madness comes up pretty quick after that.  This year, I'm DETERMINED to get hammered and watch basketball more often during March.  Mark my words, bartenders!  KJ is coming for you.

My cute little niece just asked me to be done so I can come play.  I guess that's as good a reason as any to sign off.   HOLLER!

No comments:

Post a Comment